Thursday, January 22, 2009

Randomness

You've probably seen it already on other blogs, but if not, go check out Wordle.net. You input some text, a blog/RSS feed, or your del.icio.us address, and it spits out a cool word map, for which you can change the font, color, orienation of the words, etc. The more frequently the word appears in the text, the larger it is on the map. Some examples!

This blog:
My LoveFromTX Words


My del.icio.us tags:
My del.icio.us Tags

And that, my friends, sums up a large reason why I haven't been blogging much lately. Astronomy. Research. Software. Technology. It's an exciting life I live!

In other news, my Granddad turned 91 (!!!) last weekend. Besides getting to see him and the rest of my Mom's side of the family, the most exciting part was playing with my Uncle T's new camera:

Uncle Tobie's D-Lux 4

Oh that's right, it's a Leica D-Lux 4. And yes, it's even cooler than it sounds. Shout-out to Nin who posted about it when it was announced, so I knew exactly how amazing (and expensive, ouch) it was and could take advantage of a lot of the fun features. =)

6 comments:

  1. Squeee! That's one of my dream cameras- the other is the Nikon D700. I just saw your comment on the post that I made and all I can say is WOW, it sounds AMAZING. I am not going to allow myself to even go near one in fear that I might want one even more. Maybe if I put by a little bit of money each week, I'll have enough to get one for myself as a retirement present ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay away, Nin, stay away. Because if you do go near it, you will not be able to escape the want! Even though it costs significantly more than my budget (excluding rent) for an entire month, I've been tossing around the idea of using my 'rainy day' savings to buy one. Bad, bad, bad. That money is for flat tires, medical problems, etc. NOT pretty new cameras. Or I could just not eat for a few months. Then I could be skinny and have a new camera. Argh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wordle.net is very cool.

    Love the camera too! Did you give it back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh...yes, I did give it back, sadly. I've got to find me a Sugar Daddy to buy me my very own. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hoo that's an awesome camera !!!
    let me try that wordle.net thingy out !

    ReplyDelete

I heart my commenters! =)