Saturday, December 5, 2009

PW in Houston!

Last year I got to meet Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (The Yarn Harlot). Today I got to meet Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman). I can now die and go to Bloggy Heaven! Those are the first two blogs I ever read, back before blogs were something everyone had, back before I'd discovered Google Reader, and so I actually checked each site every day. (Crazy, I know!)

Ree's talk was at Georgia's Market in Houston, a cute place that focuses on locally-sourced food from small farms in addition to carrying more standard organic fare. Ree did a little talk/Q&A and then started signing books. She's so sweet and funny, and very gracious, chatting for a bit with everyone who was in line. I can't even imagine how long it took to get through the line...there were a lot of us! Luckily, mom had pre-ordered our cookbooks from Blue Willow (the bookstore that sponsored the event) early enough that we were in the first signing group, so we didn't have to wait very long at all.

Pictures! (There were lots of Nikon DSLRs in the audience...coincidence? I think not, haha.)

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

6 comments:

  1. love the pics sooo jealous you got to meet her and I did not hehe !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look fantastic...............and isn't it amazing how far PW has come. And to think you were the blogger to introduce me to her.............Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous. She came to SLC but an hour and 1/2 is too far to drive with a toddler by myself! :)

    Looks like it was lots of fun for you! review the book for me, I don't have it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got to meet her. I got to meet her in Tulsa, Oklahoma at Dwelling Spaces. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Darlene -- Thanks! If she comes back to TX, you'll have to try to go see her. She's a hoot!

    @Doodles -- Isn't it fun how interconnected the blogosphere can be?

    @Krystal -- Yeah, I'm lucky, it's a lot easier for me to take off for the weekend to travel. The book is great -- I'll try to do a full review over Christmas, maybe. If you like the blog, you'll like the book, for sure.

    @Junebug -- I'm glad you got to meet her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that you made it onto her blog!! So cool :o) Would love to meet her and The Harlot too!

    ReplyDelete

I heart my commenters! =)