Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Mardi Gras!

Spanish Town 2009 was a giant success. We caught tons of beads, cups, coins, and, in Jen's case, bunny ears!

Spanish Town Mardi Gras 2009

The pics are up in a Flickr set, so go check 'em out. I will warn you, though, that the theme was "Bayeaux Bailout" and so some of the floats were a bit, uh, racy...a relatively clean example:

Spanish Town Mardi Gras 2009


So, if that doesn't offend you, check out the pics! If it does, well, then you're better off not clicking over to the set. It's actually a family-friendly parade (none of the "traditional" bead acquisition techniques, that's part of why I love it so much) but this year the floats were somewhat scandalous. ;)

Many, many thanks to the lovely Carly for hosting us all at her house! Isn't she fab?

Spanish Town Mardi Gras 2009

3 comments:

  1. Looks like tons of fun. My nephews band marched in a few parades in NOLA. Then they escape the city/tourists for skiing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like enormous fun ... I adore all the beads!

    ReplyDelete

I heart my commenters! =)